- Completed consultations with academics across the university.
- Conducted focus groups with students.
- Designed and launched a survey to reach out to the wider student body.
- Synthesized ideas gathered from consultations with academics, and students from focus groups and survey.
- Devised learning outcomes, ideas for themes, exploration, and assessment using insights gathered from the consultations.
- Created a website and sample Learn page with assistance from Learning, Teaching and Web Services.
- Held a final presentation that showcased the course prototype and highlighted the process of developing it, on the 2nd of August, 2018.
- The prototype will be taken forward through further iterations during the next academic year.
The following is a bit more information on the findings from consultations with academics and students.
Our consultations included:
- Interviews with academics: About 25 academics
- Focus groups with students: 3 focus groups conducted with a total of 20 students participating
- A student survey: 132 respondents
The consultations majorly covered the following topics:
- Interdisciplinary study of Edinburgh
- Online Learning
- Offline Learning and Exploration
Click here to view a summary of each topic based on information gathered from academics and students.