The intended learning outcomes were created keeping in mind the University’s graduate attributes. As this course prototype undergoes future iterations, these learning outcomes will be modified according to the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) guidelines.
The learning outcomes are as follows:
On completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate and utilise knowledge and skills from a variety of disciplines to understand the city of Edinburgh.
- Develop an awareness of the complexities involved in interdisciplinary learning and collaboration to navigate any challenges that arise.
- Develop digital literacy with the use of online learning tools and online learning environments.
- Undertake independent and self-directed learning both online and offline, demonstrating initiative and organisational abilities.
- Develop the ability to work as part of a diverse team to plan and deliver a group project.
- Demonstrate skills of both written and verbal communication, adapting these to different contexts as required.
- Reflect to develop self-awareness on being a member of the wider community of Edinburgh.